There is no shortage of snow at Crested Butte Mountain Resort as the final few weeks of the ski season come into focus. The resort has received over 300 inches of snow this winter and is 100% open with outstanding conditions. As recreationalists search for their last turns of the winter season, there are plenty of reasons to make a trip to Crested Butte.
To celebrate the plentiful snowfall and quintessential Colorado bluebird days, April is the perfect time for Spring Butte. Here are eight reasons why Crested Butte should wrap up your winter season:
- There is more time for spring skiing.
- Nobody loves kids like Crested Butte. Children 12 and under ski free at Crested Butte Mountain Resort. No strings attached, no parent ticket required, no lodging stay required, no advance reservations, no purchase of a bottle of wine (though it’s not a bad idea), just a good ole free ticket for the littlest rippers.
- Save big on lodging. Crested Butte Vacations is offering the End of Season BOGO promotion so guests receive one free night of lodging for each night purchased at The Grand Lodge, Lodge at Mountaineer Square, Plaza Condominiums and other CBMR Properties.
- Come enjoy live music. Singer-songwriter and Grammy nominee, Hayes Carll, brings his eclectic sound to Crested Butte Mountain Resort for the finale of the free CB Unplugged Concert Series.
- Bragging rights. In a winner-take-all, mass start, costume-clad, #onlyincrestedbutte style event, bikers on townies, mountain bikes or fat bikes will take on one another in the Winter Chainless Downhill Race. The winner will receive a Summer 2017 Season Pass to the Evolution Bike Park. In true Colorado fashion, this event is supported by Crested Butte Mountain Resort’s new “Colorado craft beer” partner, Odell Brewing Co. CBMR is proud to partner with Odell Brewing Co. to bring a quality, local microbrew to “Colorado’s Last Great Ski Town”.
- Save big on your lift ticket. On April 2, the resort is hosting Food Pantry Donation Day. Guests who bring three non-perishable, non-expired canned food items or one pack of diapers to the Adventure Center between 8 am – 12 pm will receive a $45 full day lift ticket valid for Sunday, April 2.
- Bigger, better, wetter, colder. CBMR’s new partnership with Margaritaville is taking the resort’s annual pond skim competition to a whole new level. Competitors and spectators alike will not want to miss the LandShark Pond Skim on Saturday, April 8, as the resort’s official “Island-style Lager” takes over the base area with palm trees and classic Margaritaville pizzazz in the heart of the Rocky Mountains.
- Fun in the sun. While there will be a lot going on in the base area throughout Spring Butte, the skiing and riding takes place on the mountain. It is time to get in those final runs of the season with family and friends at Crested Butte Mountain Resort.
For more information and details surrounding Spring Butte, the available deals and numerous events, visit skicb.com/springbutte.